Welcome to FreeAnimalSounds 🙂
Animal Sounds for free
In this page you will find a lot of different animal sounds, free to download. We categorized the sounds in different themes, to make it more easy for you, to find exactly what you need. If you want to share you recordings, please contact us, and we will add them, in this web site for free. Enjoy your downloads, and listen to different animals around the globe.
Animal recordings for kids
We have in different categories a lot of animals .
Almost 100 High Quality Sounds all in different categories
- A few ideas for what you can do:
Keep your child occupied for hours with the sounds of all their favorite pets!
- Download your favorite pet sound !
- Surprise your pet cat or dog with awesome animal noises!
- Entertain you, your friends, children, Your kids, or grandkids!
Children of every age
The site is designed for the children of all ages. For the kids it may become a splendid introduction to the sounds of the wildlife, as well as looks and names of the animals. Both preschool and school children with the help of this site will be able to consolidate their knowledge of the nature and learn a lot of unusual things (for example, have you ever heard how a lion roar?). For the teenagers and adults animal sounds will be a good way to expand their horizons and satisfy curiosity.
Loud and funny
Please pay attention!!! Some animals produce loud and sharp sounds that may frighten sensitive children. This is why we strongly recommend parents to listen to the recordings before your kids.
Exotic and extraordinary recordings
Our collection also contains a lots of exotic sounds i.e. songbirds.
- tawny-frogmouth noise,
- bison sound,
- jay singing,
- lion roar,
- cat sounds,
- capuchin monkey chatter,
- grasshoppers chirp,
- elk bugle,
- and many many more beautiful and marvelous animal noises
In the following 4 categories you can listen to the sounds and download your favorite animal noises.
We added in every category an sound gallery. So you can easily scrolling down and listen to every animal sound. Our animal sound playlist has got a autoplay function. After one ends, the next one begins.
Animal Noise Game
We developed an animal sound game for children. So children can learn the sounds of animals in a very easy way. This could be very important in the overall development of your child.
Ringtones for mobile phones
You can download an animal sound and use it as a ringtone for your mobile phone. All sounds are in the MP3 format. Also you can use the bell tone for the alarm clock in the morning. We recommend the animal noises of songbirds.
In the following video from Youtube there are very very funny sounds and noises of different pets (dogs and cats making sounds to laughing)
Lean back, relax, watch the video and laugh. 🙂 🙂
The pets in the video are making sounds like singing an animal song. 🙂
Top 10 animals recordings
Roar, chirp or whistle, animals make some of the most extraordinary sounds. In the following video there are a lot you have maybe never heard. Let yourself be surprised and watch the video. The video has also a lot of interesting facts and knowledge about animals.
Interesting facts and knowledge
Example of animal sounds around the world:
- elephants communicate in a frequency that cannot be heard by human ears,
- howler monkey is the loudest land animal sound. It can be heard up to 5 kilometers away,
- bats make high sounds and listen to the echo they can build a detailed picture of their surrounding,
- the male kakapo make two distinct noises with the sole purpose of attracting females for mating. These males can continue these noises for hours, nightly for as long as three consequtive months. These sounds can carry four miles!,
- the superb lyrebird has an extraordinary ability to accurately mimic a huge variety of sounds. He can also incoporate other sounds like camera shoter, car alarm and much more.
- crickets have their hearing organs in their knees,
- snakes do not have ears, but “hear” vibrations through their skin that is touching the ground,
- elephants have the largest of all ears. Elephant ears are very large and thin. They help the elephant detect very faint sounds as well as direction of the sound,
- rabbits have very long ears on the top of their heads that help them
hear sounds from far away,
- male mosquitoes hear with thousands of tiny hairs growing on their antennae,
- a hippopotamus has small ears high on top of the heads. They are very open and stick up when they go underwater. In this way they can always hear even when they are underwater,
- cat’s external ear can rotates up to 180 degrees to locate and identify even the faintest of squeaks, peeps or rustling noises,
- most animals use sounds to help them detect dangers and hazards before they happen to them,
- cows which listen to music end up producing more milk than those that do not.
- Blue whales vocalizations are the loudest sound made by any animal. Blue whale sounds can be heard at a distance of 1000 km.
And a lot of more outstanding facts in the animals video.
Animals who appear to hear and produce infrasound
Infrasound is sound below 20 Hz, lower than humans can perceive.
There are many animals who appear to hear and produce sounds well below our range, known as infrasound.
Example list of animals:
- Guinea fowl,